Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) By Suzanne Collins

Hardcover374 pages
Published October 31st 2008 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 2008)
Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister’s place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.



Well.. Frst of all wow there not so many books that I want to read again, but this is a book that I absolutely want to read again. This book is just so good, because of everything that is has even the summary its good.
Katniss is brave and loves her family and she'll do anything for them. She has such a good heart that I wish I could be like that she has so many values that I admire her.I love this book because most of all the characters they're just so wonderful, and the tributes some are smart and Peeta oh my Peeta he's so different from the others and I only can say that I'm in love with him. 
And  I realized I believed a government could be this arrogant and wrathful, that society could be this absurd, that the common people would be too afraid to fight back. When people are pitted against each other instead of turning on the establishment they often fight each other within the failed system, fighting for that elusive top spot or ignoring the pain of others grateful to escape tragedy themselves. 
I found it interesting that even in this life and death situation, the kids refused to do anything that would displease the Capitol and make them look rebellious or unwilling to play, or worse emotional and disturbed by death.
This is such an awesome book I will totally read it again and the movie, I'm going to do a review about the movie and the book comparing and describing the characters and some scenes.
Totally 5/5







2 comments:

  1. I loved this! I think I read it in about three days! I love how Collins almost had this whole other world in her head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I love it too and I'm totally agree with you

      Delete